Lots of TDF watching here, it makes such a difference not having to stay up late to watch it like in New Zealand!
I went for a cycle with John yesterday around 9. And he had asked me Fri night if I wanted to, and I was keen thinking it was going to be about 2hrs...well 4hrs later we arrived back at Windsor after setting off!! I was destroyed. And absolutely dying to get inside and lie down, but their neighbour was outside and it was one I hadn't met but who had told C&J she would be keen to use me as a babysitter, so I thought I should say hello even though I was in total pain, and then a man came over looking for directions and he took his sweet time. The whole time I was aching and just wnted to lie down!! So next time I'll mentally prepare myself for an intense ride :)
Babysitting was pretty good. The boys were pretty cute. One wanted to play ball as soon as I got there, I was still tired from the cycle, but I thought it would be important for the boys to like me so I could babysit again. And then he wanted reading to before he went to sleep. Reminded me of Vanessa reading to me years ago :) Babysitting again next Tues, so it's good to be saving a bit. However, we live very close to the Jack Wills store and there's a very nice blazer in the window. 229 pounds so I might be saving up for a while :)
Went into Sheen today and to the bike shop C&J use. A Kiwi guy owns it so we had a chat about the Italy and NZ football match, I'm still fuming about that!
Freaking hot yday and got some sweet tan lines on my thighs and from my socks, feeling like a real cyclist :) Was shocked at how the roads are so flat! After 4hrs of cycling there was only 1 hill that was steeper than those that you have to go up just to get out of John Stokes at home, so not sure how I'm going to train for the Alpes, John told me it's more about stamina seeing as there's a lack of hills.
No comments:
Post a Comment